Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sawyer's Nursery (well...almost:)

It's so exciting! Sawyer's nursery is almost complete! Now we just need a baby to bring home;)

This is the changing table/dresser. The green basket has wipes and diapers in it:)

This is an up-close of the picture board. It's a bulletin board that my sweet friend Shara helped me to cover using some extra fabric, ribbon and a staple gun. We can put pictures of all of Sawyer's friends and family up for him to look at while he gets his diaper changed.
Total cost: $10

We decided to go with the round turquoise knobs for Sawyer's dresser. I think it turned out pretty cute and hopefully is something he can use for a long time to come.

We finally got the missing piece to the crib front, so we are ready for business!

This was one of my favorite things! Remember how I had several vinyl choices? Well, I emailed the girl on Etsy and she mentioned that the vinyl didn't work very well on canvas. I really wanted something that stuck off the wall for over the crib and I loved the idea of his name with the I Samuel verse.

Okay, so are you ready for this?? My awesome friend Cori looked at a picture of the vinyl lettering and made this on her computer. She made the background a textured orange color that I think really pops off the blue walls. Even better...we printed it at COSTCO on a canvas! YES, Costco does canvas prints! How great!!! I think it turned out so cute!

Up close of the bedding:)

We did lanterns in the corner with different colors and heights. It fills the space nicely and is almost like a mobile for Sawyer to look at.


This is sort of a picture wall. We bought some rope at the hardware store, tied a knot on both ends, and put clothespins on it. Once we get pictures of Sawyer (and other ones too, like Tyler and the rest of us), we will print them on Matte board and hang them with the clothespins.

Total Cost: $4

Fun pic of the side table. The lamp is one we had from Coop's room, the nametag is from a gift from Sawyer's shower, and the vase and manzanita are from the shower and a flower arrangement that was sent.

Total Cost: $0
These ecru frames will most likely go on either side of the curtains on the wall when you walk in Sawyer's room. We'll put his fun newborn pics in them and update them as he grows.

I think the curtains turned out so cute. We bought the black-out panels at Target and then used extra fabric and trim to add a little bit to the top. Laurie helped me with this project and got them all ready for the nursery:)

Here's a big shot of when you walk in the room...I think the Ecru frames will look cute on either side of the window:)

18 comments:

  1. very nice!!! you did a good job decorating. I like the lanterns in the corner. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. turned out PERFECT! can't wait to see sawyer in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! If I ever have another baby, you're hired to come decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Everything looks great and matches perfectly! Can't wait to hear your news about Baby Sawyer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I L-O-V-E this room! That canvas is divine, just love it! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way to room looks... the colors, the decorations, everything! Nice job :)

    It's exciting to know they do canvas prints at COSCO too! I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely lurve this room. So sweet and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable...the room is just too cute....and I lOVE his name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about it! Praying for you today and especially tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pictures of your sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl! I am in Vicksburg, MS on our way to Destin and in the shower, I immediately thought of you and this day! I am praying for you all and can't wait to see pictures of Samuel.

    Katie Brown

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful room! Looking forward to seeing pictures of Sawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sawyer's nursery is just perfect - you did a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh my goodness...JEN!!! it's so awesome! every little detail is so increadibly cute! i just want to come hang out in there! so excited for you guys. won't be long now! love to your sweet crew...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already left a comment but I wanted to ask you where you found your lanterns...been looking!

    ReplyDelete